Commission Only Independent Reps – Handbags & Accessories
Independent Sales Representatives
GiGi New York/Graphic Image is an established leather accessory and handbag manufacturer located in Melville, NY. As a company, we are looking to expand our sales representation across all product categories and are looking for regional representation in all parts of the country. The retail channels we are looking to pursue are;
HOME, GIFT AND STATIONERY. Graphic Image is a 40 year old made in America brand whose products are associated with a wide range of stores, from elevated locations like Barneys and Neiman Marcus to across the spectrum retailers like Mark & Graham. We are a pre-eminent leather bookbinder who also produces leather accessories across a wide range of gift categories, from wedding to office to pet.
FASHION BOUTIQUES. GiGi New York occupies a middle/high position in the leather luxury handbag market. The growth of this six year old brand was fostered by an outsized social media presence gaining the company widespread brand recognition in highly competitive market. The company is now turning its attention to its brick and mortar opportunities commensurate with existing customers such as Wendy Foster, Julian Gold and Darien Sport Shop who actively carry our handbags.
Our domestic production capability allows us considerable latitude to working with demanding customers. This ability, combined with our strategic overseas relationships, uniquely positions us to deliver high value leather products in European leathers on shapes that never go out of style.
We are looking to hire independent rep applicants. It is not our expectation that one individual can cover both brands, but we are open to any discussion.
Our requirements include:
• Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in outside sales to mid-tier and high-end specialty boutiques.
• Able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
• Willing to travel designated region for appointments, trade shows and in-store events.
• Strong cold phone prospecting, presentation and closing skills.
• Self-starter attitude with ability to work well independently.
• Love of relationship selling with commitment to long term follow thru.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Secure appointments with boutique buyers/owners and represent the brand in road appointments and regional tradeshows.
• Prospect and vet new stores assuring stores that are opened both meet the company’s criteria for quality of store and that they are not in conflict with any existing stores.
• Organize and maintain a schedule for calling on and following up with all customers to develop and retain business through superior customer service.
• Provide National Sales Director with sales projections & goal targets including key account activity, sales forecasts, quotes, etc.
Whether training provided?: No
Are territories exclusive?: Yes
Are marketing materials provided?: Yes
Whether sales representative need to keep stock of product?: No
Whether Distributors & Wholesalers can apply to this opportunity?: Yes